For the third consecutive year, Russia House in Davos is proving to be a focal point for participants at the World Economic Forum, including top entrepreneurs and investors.
The number of participants and guests at the Russian residence is growing steadily. The attendance figures have doubled since 2018 (over 1,000 participants from 60 countries in 2018; 1,500 participants from 70 countries in 2019; and over 2,000 participants from 85 countries in 2020).
The list of attendees at the venue this year included the following global business leaders and top officials: US billionaire and financier Ray Dalio; Qatari royal family member Sheikh Ali Alwaleed Al Thani; Chairman of the Board of Directors of Novartis pharmaceutical group Joerg Reinhardt; and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Carlsberg Breweries A/S Flemming Besenbacher. Russian business leaders in attendance included Chairman of the Board of Directors of Renova Group Viktor Vekselberg, President and Chairman of the Management Board of VTB Bank Andrey Kostin, and President of Orion Heritage David Iakobachvili.
“Artificial intelligence, digital transformation, ecology, and youth initiatives – these are the issues that concern the global community today. Russia cannot distance itself from the changes that are taking place, and so when drawing up the business programme for Russia House this year, the organizers focused on the current socioeconomic agenda,” said Adviser to the President of the Russian Federation Anton Kobyakov.
A series of joint events held by the Roscongress Foundation and the World Economic Forum (WEF) took place at the Russia House venue for the first time.
One of the highlights was a session devoted to Russian-Qatari cooperation. Further to this, representatives of the emirate took part in a working meeting with Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of the Roscongress Foundation Alexander Stuglev. Qatar will attend this year’s St. Petersburg International Economic Forum as a guest country.
The Roscongress Foundation and the Government of Moscow have signed a memorandum of cooperation and mutual assistance to further the development of convention and exhibition activities.
The youth agenda at Russia House focused on one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals – that of international cooperation. Assistant Secretary-General of the UN Fabrizio Hochschild attended a session on the subject at Russia House.
Unlike in previous years, this year the issues of asset tokenization, cybersecurity, and national artificial intelligence development strategies received significant attention on the discussion agenda.
Russia House, the official Russian residence in Davos, will once again open its doors in 2021.
Participants and guests at Russia House included:
- Bridgewater Associates founder Ray Dalio
- Chief Executive Officer of Qatar Investment Promotion Agency Sheikh Ali Alwaleed Al Thani
- Assistant Secretary-General of the UN Fabrizio Hochschild
- Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic Miroslav Lajčák
- Deputy Minister of SMEs and Startups of the Republic of Korea Cha Jung-hoon
- Chief Executive Officer of the Qatar Financial Centre Yousuf Al-Jaida
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Novartis pharmaceutical group Joerg Reinhardt
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Carlsberg Breweries A/S Flemming Besenbacher
- CEO of PsiQuantum Jeremy O'Brien
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Renova Group Viktor Vekselberg
- President and Chairman of the Management Board of VTB Bank Andrey Kostin
- General Director and Chairman of the Management Board of Rosgeologia Sergey Gorkov
- Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Management Board of PhosAgro Andrey Guryev
- President of Orion Heritage David Iakobachvili
- President of ER-Telecom Holding Andrey Kuzyaev
- Managing Director of Yandex Tigran Khudaverdyan
- Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board of Sberbank Stanislav Kuznetsov
- Prefect of the Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson
- Minister and Head of Department for Foreign Economic Activity and International Relations of Moscow City Government Sergei Cheryomin
- Chief Rabbi of Moscow and President of the Conference of European Rabbis Pinchas Goldschmidt
- Research Director of the Foundation for Development and Support of the Valdai Discussion Club and Editor-in-Chief of Russia in Global Affairs Fyodor Lukyanov
- Managing Partner of CORUM Vermögensverwaltung AG Stefan Bucher
The outcomes of the Russia House in Davos session are available on the Roscongress Information and Analytical System roscongress.org/en.
Russia House project partners
The Russia House project in Davis is organized by the Roscongress Foundation. The business programme was created with the support of Rosgeologia and EY. Russia House’s partners include V-Tell, the Department for Foreign Economic Activity and International Relations of Moscow City Government, Barneo and Luding. The project’s innovation partner is ER-Telecom Holding. The venue operator is Congress International.
The project was developed with media support from the following news agencies: TASS, RIA Novosti, RBC, News.ru, Expert magazine, Sputnik international news agency, and the Nasha Gazeta publication (Switzerland).
Recordings of the business programme events are available on the official project website: houserussia.com/en.
Roscongress Photo Bank
Photographs from the business programme events are available at the Roscongress Photo Bank: photo.roscongress.org/en.